Students make most of winter break with internships, research
This January, dozens of Wheaton students took advantage of the break from classes to explore their interests, develop career skills, gain real-world experience and make professional connections, supported by funding from the college.
These “winternship” locations ranged from campus labs—where students worked on research guided by Wheaton faculty—to art studios, libraries, businesses, nonprofits and more around the country.
Here’s a look at just a few of these recently completed internships:
- Nathan Amaral ’21, Steer
- Josephine Coppinger ’20, The Bright Angle
- Asaada Craig ’22, Excel High School
- Patrick Currier ’21, GATRA
- John Giberti ’20, Prospect Hill Winery
- Lindsay Kreill ’20, Gem City Market
- Mira Lockwood ’20, LG&P
- Hannah Melville ’22 and Lena Welch ’22, Henry Grew Elementary School
- Whitney O’Reardon ’22, Sellars Lathrop Architects
- Elizabeth Pugliese ’20, Wheaton College Chemistry Department
- Emma Stump ’20, Interfaith Philadelphia
- Annie Tucker ’20, Redwood Library and Athenaeum