Returning students choose their rooms for the upcoming coming academic year through Room Selection. This process takes place in the Spring semester. This year the lottery process starts on March 29th with Gebbie & Keefe selection, and ends on April 19th with general room selection. Wheaton offers an array of housing options that have specific social and academic focuses.
Depending on what you are looking for, rooms are selected through either application (Theme Houses and Beard) or lottery (Special Interest Housing, Suites, etc.).
- Theme Houses: Groups of students connected by a common passion apply to live in select on-campus houses. This is happening now through March 11th.
- Gebbie & Keefe: Groups must register for a special lottery to obtain a suite or apartment. Selection night for the suites will take place on Tuesday night March 29th.
- Beard Hall: Is designed for students looking to integrate their social and intellectual pursuits. It will also house the May Fellows Residential Program. Students must submit an application to be considered eligible to live in Beard. This application is due on March 11th, and selection night for Beard Hall is Tuesday, April 5th.
- Special Interest Housing: Wellness, Single Sex, and Quiet Study housing requires you to pre-register to ensure placement into one of these buildings. Registration is due April 7th. The lottery night for these housing options is Tuesday, April 12th.
- General Room Selection: The remaining buildings on upper and lower campus, including single rooms are available through lottery. No registration necessary. All eligible students are automatically included in the General Room Selection lottery. The selection night for this part of the lottery is on Monday April 18th for rising seniors and juniors, and Tuesday, April 19th, for rising sophomores.