Returning students choose their rooms for the upcoming coming academic year through Room Selection. This process takes place in the Spring semester.
Wheaton offers an array of housing options that have specific social and academic focuses.Depending on what you are looking for, rooms are selected through either application (Theme Houses and Beard) or lottery (General Room Selection, Suites, etc.).
The information below is newly updated for room selection for the 2017 - 2018 academic year.
- Theme Houses: Groups of students connected by a common passion apply to live in select on-campus houses. This is happening now through March 10th.
- Gebbie & Keefe: Groups must register for a special lottery to obtain a suite or apartment. Selection night for the suites will take place on Tuesday night April 4th.
- Beard Hall: Is designed for students looking to integrate their social and intellectual pursuits. It will also house the May Fellows Residential Program. Students must submit an application to be considered eligible to live in Beard. This application is due on March 11th, and selection night for Beard Hall is Tuesday, April 11th.
- Special Interest Housing: This is now lumped in with general room selection, and is all part of the same lottery process. As a reminder the Department of Residential Life considers the following spaces to be "special Interest:"
- Larcom - Welness
- White House - Quiet Study
- Kilham - Single Gender Female
Students will be able to pick special interest rooms during the general room selection lottery.
- General Room Selection: Excluding Theme Houses, Beard, Gebbie and Keefe, all buildings on upper and lower campus, including single rooms are available through lottery. No pre-registration is necessary. All eligible students who have not selected rooms through earlier processes are automatically included in the General Room Selection lottery. The selection night for this part of the lottery is on Monday April 24th for rising seniors and juniors, and Tuesday, April 25th, for rising sophomores.