Where your potential is recognized and your journey from college to career is purposefully guided.
Welcome New Students – Class of 2024 and Transfers
Upcoming Academic Assistance Sessions and Curriculum & Career Forums – Register for the sessions of interest below.
Academic Assistance and Planning
Mathematics Advising Assistance – Tuesday, August 25th, 9:00-10:00am EST
Register for Mathematics and Advising Assistance
- Meet with faculty and staff in the Math Department for a drop in conversation to talk about mathematics courses
Writing Advising Assistance – Wednesday, August 26th, 9:00-10:00am EST
Register for Writing Advising Assistance
- Meet with faculty and staff in the Writing Program for a drop in conversation to talk about writing courses.
Tutoring Program – Thursday, September 3rd (Time: TBA)
- Learn more about our peer tutors who work with students at all levels of achievement to improve general learning skills and to provide support in specific courses, including affiliations with the Writing and Quantitative Analysis programs.
Curriculum & Career Forums
Health Professions Forum – Tuesday, August 25th, 5:00-6:00pm EST
Register for Health Professions Forum
- Students interested in health careers (medicine, dentistry, optometry, veterinary science, physical therapy, nursing, physician assistant and pharmacy) should attend this meeting. Find out about course choices for your first semester and what you can do now to enhance your chances of acceptance into a professional program.
Pre-Law Forum – Wednesday, August 26th, 5:00-6:00pm EST
Register for Pre-Law Forum
- Considering a career in law? Attend this forum to learn what you can do to enhance your law school potential and how to plan academically and experientially for law school admission. Hear about courses, test prep and internships.
Undeclared and Exploring the Possibilities – Thursday, August 27th, 4:00-5:00pm EST
Register for Undeclared and Exploring Possibilities
- Come to this informational forum to learn more about how to use your first year and the Wheaton curriculum to explore, develop and build your academic interests and experience.
Music, Theatre & Dance Forum/Meet and Greet – Thursday, August 27th, 5:00-6:00pm EST
Register for Music, Theatre & Dance Forum/Meet and Greet
- Learn about a wide range of opportunities to study music, theatre and dance, including performances, lessons, ensembles, productions and academic courses.
Education Forum – Friday, August 28th, 11:00-12:00pm EST
Register for Education Forum
- Students interested in teaching at the early childhood, elementary and secondary education levels must attend this meeting. Learn about Wheaton’s education majors, course sequence, curriculum requirements and the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL). Emphasis will be on early planning to complete all requirements for an education major so that you can graduate with a public school teaching license in your area of interest.
Pre-Engineering Forum – Friday, August 28th, 1:00-2:00pm EST
Register for Pre-Engineering Forum
- Students considering Wheaton’s dual-degree program in engineering or careers in engineering should attend this meeting before finalizing registration with your advisor. Meet Professor of Physics John Collins to learn what you must do in your first year to be considered for this competitive program.
Learn more about the Filene Center for Academic Advising and Career Services!
The vision of the Filene Center for Academic Advising and Career Services is to enrich the Wheaton College educational experience by fostering successful academic, career and personal development.
To connect the Wheaton College classroom with out of classroom experience by:
- enabling students to maximize their academic success through a variety of outreach, programmatic and advising initiatives;
- helping students to discover a broad array of out of the classroom opportunities, to define and reach their goal of becoming confident, responsible, and reflective learners through the course of four years and beyond;
- working collaboratively with members of the faculty and other offices on campus.
The Filene Center for Academic Advising & Career Services
26 East Main Street
Norton, MA 02766-2322