Would you like to share your Wheaton pride at social events, work functions, in the elevator, or with the complete stranger you sat next to on the plane?
If so, we are here to arm you with the tools you need to be an expert on all things Wheaton. In this section, you will find a wide variety of materials—from key messages to a Wheaton “Event in a Box” to animated gifs to send to your classmates.
On this page
How can I brush up on Wheaton’s overall strategy?
Review the college’s Strategic Plan.
Learn more about our brand idea: Igniting the spark of possibility
Practice our elevator pitch: Wheaton College in Massachusetts consists of 1,750 liberal arts and science students creating innovative solutions to big challenges, and acting on them.
What are the college’s key messages and proof points?
Progressive education with timeless values
- Founded in 1834 as a women’s seminary
- College charter in 1912
- Co-ed in 1988
- Top 40 U.S. Liberal Arts School according to the Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education
- Top 200 Colleges That Pay You Back according to The Princeton Review
Connected to each other and to the world in ideas and action
- Student body represents 40 states and more than 70 countries
- 10% international
- 23% U.S. students of color
- 19% first-generation
- 21 NCAA Division III athletic teams and 13 club sports
Liberal arts unbound
- Rich tradition of blending liberal arts and sciences with co-curricular leadership
- Innovative opportunities, including Connections curriculum, experiential and interdisciplinary learning, makerspaces and social entrepreneurship programs
- Wheaton Edge guarantees funding for an internship, research or other experiential opportunity
Thoughtful risk-takers at home and around the world
- 100+ study abroad programs in 45 countries, including a unique program in Bhutan
- Year-long, semester-long or short-term faculty-led study abroad options
- 51% of Wheaton students study abroad, of which 25% intern or do independent research while abroad
Where the community inspires and potential thrives
- 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 100+ student organizations
- 96% of students live on campus
Empowering students to pursue their passions
- 100+ majors and minors
- Ability to construct an independent major
Connections and confidence for life
- 97% of students found their first job, enrolled in graduate school, participated in a service initiative, or won a fellowship within six months of graduation
- Network of more than 19,000 alumni
- More than 230 students have won either a Fulbright, Rhodes, Watson or similar postgraduate fellowship since 2000
How can I volunteer?
Learn how to get involved and help shape Wheaton’s future.
Are there any events I can attend or can I pull together my own Wheaton gathering?
How can I share my Wheaton Pride via social media?
Visit our social media page to learn where to share your favorite #WheatonMA content, how to use a Wheaton cover photo or how to send a Roary gif to your classmates.
How can I support Wheaton financially?
Join in with your fellow Wheaton advocates to support “Creating Possibility”, a three-year initiative to generate $50 million in support of core institutional priorities, such as:
- The Wheaton Fund: Achieving higher levels of current-use giving through sustainable growth of donors and dollars
- People: Investing in our world-class faculty and accomplished students through retention and recruitment efforts, scholarships and internships
- Programs: Center for Teaching & Learning, programs in experiential learning, leadership, and social entrepreneurship
- Place: Campus renewal plan for residential and academic facilities