Would you like to share your Wheaton pride at social events, work functions, in the elevator, or with the complete stranger you sat next to on the plane?
If so, we are here to arm you with the tools you need to be an expert on all things Wheaton. In this section, you will find a wide variety of materials—from key messages to a Wheaton “Event in a Box” to animated gifs to send to your classmates.
On this page
How can I brush up on Wheaton’s overall strategy?
Review the college’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Priorities.
Practice our elevator pitch: Wheaton College in Massachusetts educates more than 1,700 liberal arts and science students for purposeful, abundant lives and evolving careers.
What are the college’s key messages and proof points?
Progressive education with timeless values
- Founded in 1834 as a women’s seminary
- College charter in 1912
- Co-ed in 1988
- Consistently ranks as a Best Value liberal arts college by US. News & World Report, Princeton Review and Money magazine.
Welcoming and inclusive community celebrating difference
- Student body represents 40 states and more than 40 countries
- 6% international
- 25% U.S. students of color
- 25 NCAA Division III athletic teams and 13 club sports
Connecting academic interests to career success
- Rich tradition of blending liberal arts and sciences with applied learning
- Compass curriculum, sophomore experience, LEAP pathways, makerspaces and social entrepreneurship studio
- The Wheaton Edge guarantees funding for an internship, research, leadership or other experiential opportunity
Thoughtful risk-takers at home and around the world
- 100+ study abroad programs in 45 countries, including a unique program in Bhutan
- Year-long, semester-long or short-term faculty-led study abroad options
- WheaGo Global, a first-semester study abroad program with location sin Barcelona, Paris, Switzerland and Sydney
Where the community inspires and potential thrives
- 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 100+ student organizations
- 96% of students live on campus
Empowering students to pursue their passions
- 100+ academic programs
- Ability to construct an independent major
Connections and confidence for life
- 95% of students found their first job, enrolled in graduate school, participated in a service initiative, or won a fellowship within six months of graduation
- Global network of more than 23,000 alumni from 80 countries
- More than 250 students have won either a Fulbright, Rhodes, Watson or similar postgraduate fellowship since 2000
How can I volunteer?
Learn how to get involved and help shape Wheaton’s future.
Are there any events I can attend or can I pull together my own Wheaton gathering?
Visit our page of upcoming events or request for Wheaton’s “Event in a Box”.
How can I share my Wheaton Pride via social media?
Visit our social media page to learn where to share your favorite #WheatonMA content, how to use a Wheaton cover photo or how to send a Roary gif to your classmates.
How can I support Wheaton financially?
Become a Partner in Philanthropy to support funding priorities at Wheaton, such as:
- The Wheaton Fund: Achieving higher levels of current-use support—sustaining growth in donors and dollars
- Compass Curriculum: An academic experience with enhanced advising that connects the student’s passions to fulfilling personal and professional lives
- Students: A robust financial aid program and guaranteed internship funding to give every deserving student access to the Wheaton experience
- Faculty: World-class professors—recognized leaders in their fields—who serve as teachers, advisers, and mentors