Peer tutoring for Fall 2021: mostly in-person + some remote options
Tutoring for Fall 2021 begins to roll out Sunday 9/12/2021. The schedule is linked to below
- Tutoring in specific subjects: 3rd floor of Meneely (Fall term only, while the Kollett Hall is being renovated)
- Writing tutoring: the Scholars Lab in the library (enter through door in wall with fireplace to the left of the main entrance)
- Remote tutoring: we are currently working out a procedure. May not be available for all subjects all the time
The following schedule is currently under construction:
We offer group and individual sessions with trained peer tutors
The College Learning Center offers drop-in peer tutoring in a variety of subjects, mostly in-person but with remote options where possible.
Students can access both peer and professional tutoring. Students with writing assignments in any class, in any subject, are welcome. The peer tutors are current students with interests across the curriculum — find their tutoring schedule on the last page of the above-linked schedule. Tutoring in writing is usually one-on-one. Please refer to the link below to learn more about the professional writing tutoring available.
We offer peer support for a variety of subjects, usually at the introductory course level. No appointment is necessary.
Peer tutors are students who have been recommended by their professors for both their command of the subject material and their ability to work with other students. As they themselves have only taken the course in question once, their job is not to teach students the material. Instead, their goals are to help students figure out how to find successful approaches to specific questions and also to model how to be a successful student of their subject.
Peer tutoring is currently available at the introductory level in the following subjects: (We are still hiring tutors for the Fall term. Subjects that we are not certain yet are in Italics)
- Biology: Biology 114
- Business and Management: Stats for Social Science, Corporate Finance, Accounting – TBD,
- Chemistry: Chemistry 153, 232, 253 254
- Computer Science: Most 100 level courses
- Foreign Languages (Intro and Intermediate in Arabic – TBD, Chinese, French, Greek – TBD, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish)
- Math: Calculus I and II, Statistics, Concepts of Math
- Philosophy: Logic
- Physics: Physics 170, 171
- Psychology: Quantitative Research Methods; Brain, Mind, and Behavior, Drugs and Behavior, Stats for the Social Sciences
- Sociology: Stats for the Social Sciences
Please refer to our Tutoring Schedule (login required) to find when tutoring in each subject is available.