Peer tutoring for Fall 2022: in-person, with remote options
Peer Tutoring resumes for the Fall Semester on Sunday September 11, 2022
- Tutoring in specific subjects: in Kollett Hall, aka the Filene Center
- Writing tutoring: in the Scholars Lab in the library (enter through door in fireplace wall to the left of the main entrance)
- Remote tutoring: available over Zoom in most subjects and in writing. Zoom links will be included on the schedule, simply click to join!
Interested in being a peer tutor? Contact the Coordinator of Peer Tutoring for information.
If a tutor needs to cancel or postpone, they will post on the schedule
Peer tutoring will be closed Sunday 10/9 and Monday 10/10 for Fall Break; tutoring will resume Tuesday 10/11 on a limited basis. Wednesday 10/12 we’ll be fully back to our usual schedule
We offer group and individual sessions with trained peer tutors
The College Learning Center offers drop-in peer tutoring in a variety of subjects, mostly in-person but with remote options where possible.
Students can access both peer and professional tutoring. Students with writing assignments in any class, in any subject, are welcome. The peer tutors are current students with interests across the curriculum and have successfully completed Introduction to Tutoring (EDUC 220) — find their tutoring schedule on the last page of the above-linked schedule. Tutoring in writing is usually one-on-one. Please refer to the link below to learn more about the professional writing tutoring available.
We offer peer support for a variety of subjects, usually at the introductory course level. No appointment is necessary.
Peer tutors are students who have been recommended by their professors for both their command of the subject material and their ability to work with other students. They then participate in multiple tutor training workshops each semester. They can support students working through assignments, reinforce challenging concepts, and offer alternate perspectives on material. The peer tutors’ goals are to model successful approaches to inquiry and learning, to support students as they learn to ask and answer productive questions.
Peer tutoring is currently available at the introductory level in the following subjects (If listed in italics, we have not yet hired tutors for those subjects):
- Biology: Biology 114
- Business and Management: Stats for Social Science, Corporate Finance, Accounting
- Chemistry: Chemistry 153, 232, 253, 254
- Computer Science: Most 100 level courses
- Economics: 102, 112, Corporate Finance
- Foreign Languages (Intro and Intermediate in Chinese, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish)
- Math: Calculus I and II, Statistics, Intro to Data Science, Concepts of Math
- Philosophy: Logic
- Physics: Physics 170, 171
- Psychology: Quantitative Research Methods; Brain, Mind, and Behavior; Stats for the Social Sciences
- Sociology: Stats for the Social Sciences
Please refer to our Tutoring Schedule (login required) to find when tutoring in each subject is available.