Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
Residential Life

Campus Life


Welcoming sentence here.

 Common New Student Questions

    • Who can I talk to with questions about my room, hall, or events on campus?

      Most Halls on campus have one Resident Assistant on each floor. These fellow students are leaders on campus and are in tune with campus events, groups, and policies. So, use them as a resource!

    • How big are the rooms?

      At Wheaton there is no standard size for a residence hall room and for many of the rooms we do not have dimensions readily available. To give you a sense of the size average square feet are as follows:

      Single - 100 sqare feet
      Double - 150 to 180 square feet
      Triple - 200 square feet
      Quad - over 225 square feet

      *"Expanded Doubles" are 175 to 200 square feet

    • What furniture comes with my room?

      All rooms have a desk, chair, bed, dresser, and closet. There is an overhead light and blinds. Most rooms, particularly in the First Year student areas, have tiled floors.

    • Can I come visit my room over the summer?

      Unfortunately no, many of the halls are used for summer Conferences and Camps during the summer months. They would not be available to view.

    • When is move-in? Can I arrive early?

      Move in information can be found on the CORE page:http://wheatoncollege.edu/sail/core/orientation/.  Because limitations on our staff and final preparations to the residence halls, we cannot accept early arrivals prior to the morning of move-in day unless you are participating in a Pre-Orientation program or preseason Athletics.

Additional Common Questions

Comments are closed.