Contact your Insurance Company to confirm that your health insurance plan provides coverage for the following:
- Routine care provided by the physicians of Wheaton’s health center, Norton Medical Center, (Dr. Mark Umphrey and Dr. Rajani Mallick) and/or Sturdy Memorial Associates
- Specialists in the Norton, MA area
- Diagnostic testing
- Lab services at Sturdy Memorial Hospital
- Prescription drugs (locally CVS, Walgreens)
- Mental health services
- Emergency services (locally Sturdy Memorial Hospital)
- Inpatient and outpatient medical and mental health hospital services
If your health insurance plan does not provide the coverage outlined above (e.g. Out-of-State Medicaid, Kaiser, GHI), you must participate in the health insurance plan offered by the college (MA BCBS) or another insurance plan with comparable coverage. Information about the college-sponsored plan may be found at gallagherstudent.com and on the Health Insurance page.
Know your deductible!
Norton Medical Center, Wheaton’s designated student health clinic, is a privately owned and operated neighborhood facility located on-campus at 14 Taunton Ave. Norton Medical Center providers are not contracted with all insurance companies (e.g., out-of-state BCBS and certain HMO plans including Tufts) and charges incurred may not be covered until a deductible has been met.
How does your health insurance plan compare to the college-sponsored Blue Cross Blue Shield plan?
To determine which plan may be best for you, download a health insurance comparison chart: