On this page

I am planning to take a graduate level entrance exam, professional school entrance exam, or licensure board exam. Are accommodations available?

Yes, accommodations are available for graduate level entrance exams, professional school entrance exams, and licensure board exams. Please review the information on this page and submit the request form on the right of this page. Please be aware that the request process and documentation requirements vary for each exam are established by the organization administering the exam.

How far in advance should I begin this process?

Begin the process at least 3 months in advance of when you would like/need to take the exam. Once your request has been received, the review process could take at least 6-8 weeks.

What do I do if I need an accommodation history letter?

Please email [email protected] indicating what paperwork/documentation is needed. Your email request is considered a Release of Information for Accessibility Services to provide an outside entity with information about your accommodation history.

What can Wheaton provide to support my request?

For all exams, except the GRE, the Coordinator can provide an accommodation history letter verifying the period of time you have been registered with our office and the accommodations you have received while a student at Wheaton.

What can Wheaton provide to support my request for the GRE?

For students with ADD, a learning disability, a hearing impairment or a visual impairment, you can receive a ‘Certificate of Eligibility’ (COE) as provided in the GRE ‘Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities’, unless you are requesting double time or an accommodation not specified on the list of available accommodations. Students who are requesting double time, an accommodation not specified on the list of available accommodations, or who have a physical or psychiatric impairment must submit their documentation directly to the GRE for review.

What do I do if I need a ‘Certificate of Eligibility’?

If you need the ‘Certificate of Eligibility’, you can make an appointment with Accessibility Services ([email protected]), or drop off the ‘Certificate of Eligibility’ for completion. If you would like the Accessibility Services office to complete the COE, please provide the entire application (‘Bulletin Supplement’) for review.

What do I do if I need a copy of my documentation?

If you need to obtain a copy of the documentation that is in your file, please complete contact the Office of the Registrar to request and submit a Release of Information Form.

Will I need updated documentation?

That will depend on the age of your most recent documentation and the requirements established in the documentation guidelines for the exam you are planning to take. Generally, documentation for ADD or a learning disability will need to be no more than 5 years old. Documentation for medical/health-related impairments or psychiatric impairments will need to be no more than 6 months-1 year old. If your exam does not publish documentation guidelines, you may want to contact the exam’s disability services office in order to ask for clarification. If your documentation is out-of-date, you will be responsible for securing a new evaluation and/or current documentation. Please note that Wheaton’s Accessibility Services is not able to verify the time frame for your documentation.

What if I have specific questions about the process?

You are welcome to schedule an appointment with Accessibility Services to discuss the accommodation process. Please bring copies of the required forms with you to your appointment.