Summer experience recap
Every summer, Wheaton students explore their career interests, develop professional skills, grow their networks and build on their education through work- and research-based internships, at locations around the world—from health clinics in rural India to business offices in the heart of New York City, to science, psychology and computer labs right here at Wheaton.
These experiences are made possible through a variety of fellowships, grants and other funding (part of the $1.2 million Wheaton provides annually for internships, research and travel), and they are a key component of the Wheaton Edge, which includes the guarantee that every Wheaton student will have access to a funded internship before their senior year.
So, how did Wheaton students spend summer 2017? Here’s a look at 10 internships:
- Alivia Cross ’19, Nancy Hemenway Barton Collection
- Nancy D’Haiti ’19, Eisenberg Exclusives
- Jennifer Elwell ’18, Wheaton Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
- Wesley Gallant ’18, Massachusetts Homeland Security Division
- Sarah Maliarik ’20, Marin Summer Theater
- Sol Martinez Guevara ’19, independent research project
- Sean MacBride ’21, NASA Langley Research Center
- Craig Rezza ’18, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Ben Sarat ’18, Above Average Productions
- Doug Werry ’18, Florida Atlantic Biomechanics Laboratory
- Andrea Wood ’19, Boston Medical Center