Wheaton's Music Department is located in Watson Fine Arts, which was completely renovated during the summer and fall of 2001. The expanded music facilties include a refurbished auditorium, class and rehearsal rooms, 3 teaching studios, 8 practice rooms, and faculty offices.
Additional performance spaces include Cole Memorial Chapel, with a 1969 Casavant pipe organ, and the Woolley Room, a small recital hall in Mary Lyon Hall. The Old Observatory is now a rehearsal space for student rock and jazz bands.
Music library materials (books, scores, sound recordings and video resources) are located in the Wallace Library, where there is also a fully-equipped music seminar room for smaller classes, and a listening and viewing center for the use of all students. The library is also home to two stations with multitimbral synthesizers and music software that are available for general use.
Wheaton's Music Department has an all-Steinway designation, with 9 Steinway grand pianos for performance, studio, and classroom use, and 8 Steinway Boston upright practice pianos. In addition, the college maintains two harpsichords and an historic 1828 Broadwood piano. Practice rooms are available to all students without extra fee.