As a vital part of Wheaton’s community, the Parents Leadership Council helps to sustain and strengthen the college’s distinctive liberal arts mission and enhance educational opportunities for all Wheaton students through their annual support and community outreach.
The mission of the Parents Leadership Council at Wheaton College is to build philanthropic support for Wheaton from parents and families. Building on Wheaton’s culture of philanthropy, Parents Leadership Council Co-chairs are charged with motivating volunteers and encouraging broad parent engagement through the Parents Fund.
- Demonstrate philanthropic support by making a leadership-level gift or pledge upon joining the council. Because of the committee’s focus on raising unrestricted support for college, members are asked to make a minimum Parents Fund gift of $1,000.
- Communicate with other Wheaton families during key times of the year, including Giving Tuesday, Calendar Year-End, and Pay It Forward Day.
- Connect with other Wheaton families annually to invite their support of the Parents Fund or otherwise foster their engagement with Wheaton.
- Return to campus for Family and Friends Weekend.
- Serve as an outstanding national and international partner for Wheaton.
- Receive invitations to regional and campus-based social and networking events.
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the college through opportunities to meet and interact with Wheaton administrators and faculty.
- Dedicated Wheaton staff support including strategic guidance for volunteer outreach, customized talking points, and curated news content from campus.
- Recognition as a leader within the Wheaton community.
Length of Service
- Membership on the Leadership Council is for the length of your student’s tenure at Wheaton. Membership may be renewed beyond that time.
The Parents Leadership Council invites fellow parents and guardians to join them in generating leadership-level Parents Fund gifts. Your support will also be recognized with membership in the Mary Lyon Leadership Society:
- $1,000-$2,499 Mary Lyon Circle
- $2,500-$4,999 Muriel Reynolds ’24
- $5,000-$9,999 Wheaton Partners
- $10,000-$14,999 Eliza Wheaton Circle
- $15,000-$24,999 President’s Circle
- $25,000-$49,999 Trustees’ Circle
- $50,000 or more Wheaton Benefactors
The Parents Fund is part of the Wheaton Fund, the college's annual giving program and contributions go to work immediately to benefit your student and every Wheaton student.
A curated selection of the latest stories, photos and videos about Wheaton people, programs and events, produced by members of our community.
Parents and Families
Stay connected with Wheaton news and information about campus events.