The Mentored Academic Pathway (MAP) is a focused opportunity for reflection. As you progress through your Wheaton experience, the MAP will guide your advising conversations. Over the four years, you will reflect on a set of questions that will help you make decisions, integrate your curricular and co-curricular experiences, plan for the future, and consider yourr overall progress. Ultimately, the completed MAP will highlight your accomplishments and growth and helps you to be more intentional and informed about your next steps after college.
As they work on their MAP, students will…
- Create plans and make decisions;
- Cultivate skills associated with personal development, such as resilience, autonomy and adaptability;
- Develop an awareness of community as a place of reciprocal relationships and diverse individuals, where they give and receive support, exchange ideas, and collaborate for positive change;
- Practice the habit of reflection;
- Develop a sense of themselves as students and learners
You will be assigned a MAP Advisor in the summer prior to your first semester, and meet each semester with your MAP Advisor and your MAP cohort, including first meetings at New Student Orientation in August.