Wheaton College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent to provide official transcripts, enrollment verification and degree verification.
Current students are encouraged to use the Registrar’s page on InsideWheaton for more information.
Official Transcript Requests
You may submit requests for an official electronic copy of your transcript through a secure online system offered by the National Student Clearinghouse.
You may pay for your transcript via credit card (Visa, Master Card or Discover). The National Student Clearinghouse uses the most current security available to protect your credit card and personal information.
You can check the status of your transcript request at any time by going online to the Transcript Order Status page. You will be required to enter your email address and the transcript order number. You will also receive email notifications of your order status.
During the order process you will be required to sign a consent form authorizing release of your academic record. This is a requirement of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Please note that all financial obligations must be cleared before any transcript request will be honored.
Current students may place a transcript order via the transcript request link provided on insideWheaton.
Former students and alumni may place a transcript order via the Transcript Request Form.
If you attended Wheaton College prior to January 1985, we are unable to provide transcripts for electronic delivery. To request paper copies for U.S. postal delivery, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Transcript Services and Fees
- Only available through the Transcript Request Form
- Normally processed within 2-3 business days
- Fee – $7.50 per request
- Available through written request
- Normally processed within 2-3 business days (does not include mail time)
- Fees – $10.00 per copy
- Delivery method: U.S. Postal Service
We cannot produce electronic transcripts through this method. We strongly recommend that you use our online request service to request a transcript but if you mail or fax a written request, it must include:
- Your name (currently and at time of attendance)
- Class year or dates of attendance
- Number of copies
- A complete address where the transcript should be sent
- Your current address
- Phone number where you can be reached in case of any questions
- Your signature
- The transcript fee is $10.00 per copy
Replacement Diploma Request Form (pdf)
Students often need to have their diploma and/or transcript sent to a foreign country, and these must be authenticated by a designated federal authority. This authentication takes the form of a certification form called an “apostille” as approved by the Hague Convention.
To obtain the apostille, the student must forward to the Office of the Registrar:
- a written request for the apostille, including which documents need to be authenticated and the country that is to receive the records (each country requires different certifications)
- the original diploma and/or a request for the official transcript
- a prepaid, self-addressed envelope (large enough to hold the document)
- a check made payable to Wheaton College for the $8.50 processing fee
- a check made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, which charges $6.00 per signature to be certified
- A diploma requires one signature
- A full transcript is two pages and therefore requires two signatures
Once the Office of the Registrar processes the request, the documents to be certified, Commonwealth processing fee, and student’s prepaid, self-addressed envelope are forwarded to the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
For more information on obtaining an “apostille”, you can visit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website.
Office of the Registrar
Norton, MA 02766