We are aware of the OpenSSL Heartbleed security hole and we are taking measures to make sure our servers are protected. If you would like to know more about this issue please visit this site for more information.
Technology Support Service Level Agreements
Wheaton has arrangements with a variety of vendors that may get you discounts on technology.
These vendors include:
- Apple (for Mac software and hardware)
- Dell (for PC hardware, software, and accessories)
- Gov Connection (for miscellaneous parts and peripherals, e.g. external hard drives, memory sticks, etc.)
- SHI (for Adobe products)
For general guidance on acquiring technology, explore the links below or contact Carol Specht in Technology Support at 508-286-5680.
- Technology you will need at Wheaton
- Buying a computer (including vendor financing options)
- Buying software
Note that Microsoft Office and Antivirus software are available for download on campus: see our software download page for more information
Faculty and staff
For Wheaton-related administration, research, and teaching
- Request a computer or other technology
- Computer Allocation Policy
- For faculty:
- request additional technology for teaching or research by filling out our request form , or contacting a liaison. (Deadlines: May 31 for purchases beginning July 1 and November 17 for purchases beginning January 1.)
- request software once a year as part of the academic software purchasing process by contacting Scott Hamlin or a liaison. (Deadline: May 31)
- apply for Academic Technology Innovation funds twice a year. (Deadlines: May 31 for purchases beginning July 1 and November 17 for purchases beginning January 1.)
- For staff: request software for administrative use by contacting technical support at x3900
- Software may also be already available on campus: see our locate software and equipment page
- To replace toner in campus printers contact Carol Specht in Technology Support at 508-286-5680.
For personal use, see: