Technology Services Overview
On this page
Every Faculty, Staff and Student is assigned an email address to which all communications are sent and received. We do not support any 3rd party email applications such as Outlook or Thunderbird. Please use Google mail for your email application needs.
Setting up email requires a number of steps; if you need assistance, contact the technology helpline at x3900 or Email: email@example.com from your personal account.
File Services on NetSpace
Everyone on campus has personal file storage that is accessible from any networked computer on campus. It’s called File Services on NetSpace and you can use it to store and transfer large files and distribute them to a large number of people without resorting to email attachments.
Read more about Connecting to File Services on NetSpace.
Connecting to the Campus Network
- For both wired and wireless connections see Connecting Your Computer and other devices to the Network
- Off-Campus Network Access Instructions for accessing restricted services (e.g. library databases) from off-campus.
- Learn what you can and cannot do with the campus network. See Acceptable Use Network Policy.
- Mobile Apps Policies
Other Web and Mobile Services
- Our portal:
insideWheaton is the place to read the latest news and announcements, register for classes, and find human resources services all via a single login.
- Online Training
All students, faculty, and staff now have access to Hoonuit available via insideWheaton
- Stay connected to Wheaton!
Check out our mobile app Wheaton College Mobile!
- Online courses:
Wheaton onCourse is the central system for online aspects of courses taught at Wheaton — for everything from posted syllabi to collaborative databases. See onCourse Support & Help Documentation for more information.
- iPad Loan Pool:
iPads for faculty course instruction and teaching initiatives.
- Campus Scheduling System:
Google Calendar, Book meetings through the web from your computer.
- Our administrative system: Banner and WebFocus