Mini-Reunions are an important class activity as they strengthen old friendships, establish new ones, build class identity, and reinforce ties to Wheaton.
Mini-reunions are a great way for classmates to maintain connections with each other and the college, especially between Reunions. It is also a great opportunity to help re-introduce class members who may have lost contact. Gatherings may be held anywhere in the world, and can be any length of time – from a couple hours over lunch and drinks weekend trips.
The Alumni Relations Office is happy to assist volunteers in planning these events. Generally your class vice-president or president is the liaison between the College and your class for planning mini-reunions.
- Recruit a committee of classmates for ideas, planning, and communication.
- Find a date, time, location and cost to the event.
- For multiple day events, please work out an itinerary.
- Contact the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com to share your idea and start the process of communicating out to the rest of the class.
- Social hours or Lunch/Dinner at a classmates house or a restaurant
- Cultural Events at a museum or performance
- Outdoor fun sailing, skiing or touring a vineyard
- Already planned Wheaton Regional events
- For longer events – historic U.S. cities, cruises or resorts.
The Alumni Relations Office will help with:
- Providing a class list
- Promote the event on the class webpages.
- Setting up and sending only 1 email save-the-date (must be at least 12 weeks before the event)
- Setting up and sending 1 email invitation (8 weeks prior to the event)
- Printing and mailing out 1 hard copy invitation to classmates (8 weeks prior to the event)
- Sending out one final confirmation (1 week before event)
- Event in a Box
The Alumni Office will NOT assist with:
- Creating a registration for the event
- Maintaining an attendance list
- Paying for any part of the event
- Promoting the event on College wide communications
After the event
After your wonderful mini-reunion, please contact the Alumni Relations Office to update your class webpages with photos from the event and an attendance list.