How to Apply
New Applicants to Wheaton
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students applying for direct-entry nursing will be considered for general admission to Wheaton should they not qualify for nursing admission. The deadline to apply Regular Decision for fall entry is January 15.
Per Massachusetts Board of Nursing Registration regulations, all students must submit satisfactory proof of secondary education. In addition, the following are preferred minimum standards for admission to the nursing program:
- College preparatory curriculum with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- 4 years of College Prep Math (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Advanced Math [e.g., Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus]) with grades of “B” or better
- 4 years of College Prep Science, including 2 years of lab science (Biology, Chemistry, Advanced Science [e.g., Physics, Anatomy]) with course grades of “B” or better
- Strong application essay and demonstrated interest
- Letters of recommendation from a math or science teacher and school counselor
- Extracurricular activities or work experience
SAT/ACT scores are optional.
You can apply to Wheaton using the Common Application. You’ll find us listed as Wheaton College, Massachusetts.
For students admitted to begin the program in Fall 2023, clinical experiences are expected to begin in Spring 2025.
Application Process for Current Wheaton Students/Internal Applicants
Enrollment for the nursing program is limited and cannot be guaranteed for current Wheaton students transferring into the nursing program. To apply to the program as a current Wheaton student, minimum qualifications include the following:
- Grade of “B” or higher in all science courses
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Official transcript
- Completed Application to the nursing program
- Statement of Purpose: Why nursing?
- Schedule an Interview with the Dean of Nursing
- Letter of recommendation from a science faculty member
- Agreement with receiving all vaccinations required by the state and the college to ensure clinical placement
Download and print the application:
Nursing Program Application for Current Wheaton Students/Internal Applicants