Welcome to Career Services at Wheaton College—your link to student employees. We welcome all opportunities to partner with employers and alumni to facilitate connections with our uniquely talented students to fill your employment or internship needs. If you would like to post positions for part-time or summer jobs, internships or post-grad full-time employment, please request an account in WheatonWorks.
Services for Employers
- Post off-campus jobs for students and full-time positions for graduating seniors and alums in WheatonWorks.
- Boardroom Luncheon Series – Senior decision-makers and thought-leaders are invited to interact with students and faculty in classroom or conference room settings followed by open conversation with students over a catered lunch.
- On-Campus Information Sessions – Reserve a classroom or an information table for an informal, yet productive, way to educate students about your organization. Sessions can be scheduled anytime during the year.
- On-Campus Interviews are a great follow-up to an information session or an opportunity for you to fill your internship or open position needs. Schedule time in our Employer Relations Suite to meet and interview students for opportunities within your organization.
- Employer Roundtables provide an opportunity for you to meet and network with our staff and other area employers. Roundtables enable career advisors to hear, first-hand, the expectations and challenges of employers.
- Visiting Professional Series – Qualified professionals representing a variety of occupations are invited to speak with students on campus about industry-specific topics and share goal-setting and career development tips. Students benefit from an enhanced understanding of specific careers, expanded options and a growing network of professional contacts.
If you would like to participate in any of the above-described programs, please contact Barbara Carnevale via email at email@example.com or call (508) 286-3552.
Search here for jobs, internships and career-related events. Employers, post opportunities here.
We will be happy to schedule your visit to campus and will accommodate requests for either an open schedule or one that will allow you to screen resumes in advance.
Defining an Internship and Best Practices
Wheaton College adheres to the U.S. Department of Labor guidelines, and the National Association of College and Employers Best Practices to define internship experiences. Employers considering creating and/or posting internship positions should meet these guidelines. U.S. Department of Labor Internship Program Guidelines:
NACE Internship Best Practices