The Wheaton IT department can generate 10 one-time backup codes that can be used to complete Duo Multi-Factor Authentication during the wID login process.
Some scenarios where backup codes might come in handy are…
- You will be studying abroad and you cannot guarantee that your U.S. phone will work. Backup codes can get you by until you get your new phone number registered with the Duo app (directions below).
- You are trading in your phone and there may be some amount of time that you will be without service.
If you get a new phone number you should register it within your Duo account so it can be used to complete Multi-Factor Authentication. To add a new phone, follow these steps. We recommend you do them from a computer and not a phone.
- Clear your browser’s cookies so you will be prompted for Duo on next login.
- Visit a web site like OnCourse or insideWheaton that requires Duo Multi-Factor Authentication.
- When prompted with the Duo screen, select “Add a new device”.
- First complete Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Follow the remaining steps to register your new mobile phone number.