Now is when the fun begins! Meet your classmates and get ready to start your Wheaton experience at Summer Orientation.
Orientation MAP Day is a one-day comprehensive program that serves as a fun and engaging start to your Wheaton journey. You will choose the date that best fits your schedule. Sessions will delve into content about academics, social life, and what to expect as the fall semester begins. In addition, your Peer Academic Mentor (PAM) will be available for questions, and you’ll get to know some of your new classmates.
Summer 2024 Dates
- Monday, June 24, 2024
- Tuesday, June 25, 2024
- Thursday, June 27, 2024
- Friday, June 28, 2024
Virtual Advising and Registration Appointments will be scheduled for June 26, 2024 for those who are unable to attend the in-person program.
We are excited to have you join our vibrant community as you embark on the next part of your academic journey. Whether you are a first-year student or a transfer student, this orientation program is designed to provide you with essential information, resources, and connections to support your success and help you thrive at Wheaton. During Orientation MAP Day, you will have the opportunity to meet your peers, engage with faculty and staff, and get to know the campus. Our goal is to make sure you feel supported and equipped to navigate your new academic home successfully.
Here is a brief overview of what you can expect on Orientation MAP Day:
- Orientation Sessions: You will participate in a series of informative sessions covering a range of topics, including academic expectations, campus resources, student support services, and extracurricular opportunities. These sessions will help you understand the tools and resources available to you, and answer any questions you may have.
- Campus Navigation: Get ready to explore our beautiful campus! Throughout the orientation, you will have the chance to discover key locations on campus, such as academic buildings, library, residence hall, dining facilities, and other important areas. You will gain a better sense of the campus layout and feel more comfortable navigating your new surroundings.
- Academic Advising: Academic Success is a priority, and during orientation you will meet with academic advisors who will guide you in selecting courses, understanding degree requirements, and mapping out your academic path. They will be invaluable resources as you plan your schedule and explore your academic options.
- Social Activities: Building connections and fostering a sense of community is essential. Orientation will include various social activities, icebreaker sessions, and chances to interact with your peers. You will have the opportunity to make connections and form friendships that can last throughout your college years and beyond.
2024 Orientation MAP Day Schedule
Schedule coming soon!
The Orientation Committee plans to hold all Summer Orientation sessions in person for Summer 2023. More information will be shared soon about alternative plans for those unable to join us in person.
View the recorded sessions from Summer 2022 Orientation below:
Families and Friends Content:
- Family and Friends Resources
- Family and Friends Advising and Student Financial Services
- Coaching Your Student Through the Transition