End of Academic Year Hall Closing
Halls close when the Academic Year ends in May, and you can anticipate that halls will close at 8pm on the Saturday of Finals.
Both graduation and alumni reunion weekend take place simultaneously during the week that follows hall closure. Alumni are invited back to campus and live in the residence halls alongside the graduating seniors. It is that reason we need students who are not approved for extended stay to depart promptly as scheduled.
ALL students, including seniors, intending to live on campus for extended stay housing need to complete the Extended Stay Housing Request form.
Extended stay housing is available for:
- Graduating Seniors – names confirmed by the Registrar’s office
- Student volunteers for Commencement/Reunion weekend (SRV’s, performance groups) – names confirmed by The Office of Alumni Relations
- In-season student-athletes – names confirmed by Athletics
- Resident Advisors and other on-campus student employees – names confirmed by supervisors
- Students restricted by travel