SMART welcomes new members and ideas!
If you are interested in getting more involved or learning more about SMART, please contact us! If you have programming or collaboration ideas, we welcome those too! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SMART Mission Statement
The Sexual Misconduct and Assault Resource Team (SMART) is an inclusive group comprised of staff, faculty and students. SMART serves as the “umbrella group” or steering committee for efforts focused on the prevention and education of sexual assault and interpersonal violence in the Wheaton College community. SMART is a resource team that:
- serves as an advisor and consultant to the Wheaton community;
- provides support and assistance identifying resources and reporting options on and off campus;
- promotes educational programming and training aimed at creating an environment of non-violence and safety, the development of healthy relationships, social and gender awareness, and support skills
- Lyndsey Aguilar, Area Coordinator
- Claire Buck, Professor of English
- Gracie Callahan ’19, Student
- Ben Chalot, Associate Director, Filene Center
- Alisha Congleton ’20, Student
- Fatou Diallo ’19, Student
- Courtney Gibeley ’20, Student
- Kneeco Hanton ’21, Studen
- Cynthia Maricle, Student Health Services Coordinator
- Delilah Meegan ’20, Student
- Nadia Ostreicher ’21, Student
- Liza Packer, Outreach and Prevention Education Specialist, New Hope, Inc.
- Pauri Pandian, Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
- Cassie Peltola, Assistant Director Community Service; Center for Social Justice and Community Impact
- Melissa Rideout, Psychologist/Training Director, Counseling Center
- Katrina Thompson, Asst. Director of Wheaton College Public Safety
Science Center 231
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Information and Events
- 2018 New Hope Advocacy Workshop – This annual workshop will be held Tuesday, January 16 to Friday, January 19, 2018 on-campus. The intensive 4-day workshop is FREE and open to all Wheaton students, faculty, and staff. To apply to the workshop, please download, fill, and return this application (MS Word). Deadline to apply is Wednesday, Dec 20th. Email email@example.com with any questions.
- Web of support (pdf): Options for care and reporting
- Support options narrative (pdf): Poster containing information on support options and other information
- Student Guide (pdf): Resource guide for responding to sexual assault or misconduct
- Faculty and Staff Guide (pdf): Resource guide for faculty and staff receiving a report from students
- Resident Advisor Sexual Assault Procedure Checklist (pdf): A helpful worksheet for RAs working with students reporting an assault.
- Preceptor Sexual Assault Procedure Checklist: A helpful worksheet for Preceptors working with students reporting an assault.