May 2018

Dear Wheaton Student:

The following information relates to your 2018-19 parking registration application process. Student parking space on campus is limited, and permits are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis. I urge you to submit your application by the July 1, 2018 deadline. Applications received after the deadline may not receive a parking decal. The annual parking registration fee is $180.00. All parking registrations will result in an automatic charge to your student account. Please pick up your parking sticker when you arrive on campus in the fall. A copy of the College Parking Regulations and map will be issued at that time.

Information for specific constituencies is found below.

1st and 2nd Year Students: Will be required to park in Lot 3.

Student Residents of College-owned Houses: All vehicles parked on campus must be registered with Public Safety, including those parked next to houses. Parking on the grass or in fire lanes is prohibited. If the parking area next to your house is filled, you must park in one of the student parking lots.

Junior Year Abroad Students: Because decals are issued on a first-come, first-served basis, you should register your car on campus before the start of the school year, even if you plan to be on campus only for the spring semester. In this case, the parking fee is $90.00.

Students with Off-campus Course Assignments: If you will need your car to travel off campus as part of required course work, you need to register it to park on campus. As noted above, decals are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis, and if the available decals have been issued before you apply, you will not be permitted to park on campus.

Commuting Student (students living off campus): Commuting students must pay the parking registration fee to park on campus in any available student parking area.

Please note that Wheaton College is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage to any vehicle or its contents while parked on campus; and vehicle owners are encouraged to have the appropriate insurance to cover vandalism and theft.

Non-resident students must submit a ‘Nonresident Student Vehicle Information Form’ to the Public Safety Office. The form can be completed and downloaded from Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.


Captain Katrina Thompson, Asst. Director of Public Safety
Public Safety Department