All faculty should be aware of the functions of the many faculty committees, both to appreciate the scope and reach of faculty involvement in the workings of the college and to learn of the resources available to the faculty and their students.
There are ten standing committees of the faculty, and they are, in the order of their election:
- Tenure Committee
- Provost’s Advisory Committee
- Committee on Committees and Agenda
- The Advisory Committee
- Committee on Educational Policy
- Committee on Appeals and Hearing
- Committee on Academic Standing
- Committee on Faculty Scholarship and Promotion
- Faculty Workload and Economic Status
- Library, Technology, and Learning Committee
Outside of the formal structures of the twelve standing committees, there are various ad hoc faculty committees.
The most recent membership roster of each Committee as well as the rules for the election of committee members and the charges to the committees can be found on the Office of the Provost section on insideWheaton
The most recent annual reports of the Committees may be found on the Wheaton faculty shared drive.