Faculty-led Program Student Eligibility
- 2.0 minimum GPA.
- Class standing (Freshman-Senior), depending on the lead faculty member.
- Good academic and social standing at Wheaton College as defined in the Wheaton College Catalog.
- Prerequisite courses may be required depending on the faculty member and/or the course designation.
- Completion of an online Wheaton Faculty-led Program application.
Admission to the program is determined by lead faculty and the Center for Global Education.
Wheaton Faculty-Led Short-Term Programs in January and summer are an additional cost to participants. Prices vary according to destination, duration and included costs. Program fees will be applied to the Wheaton College student bill during regular billing cycles.
Students participating in faculty-led programs in January and summer may be eligible for need-based financial aid, after review of budgets and availability by Student Financial Services. Certain students may be eligible to use merit stipends to fund this experience. If you have an unused merit stipend, please contact Career Services for more details on your particular situation.
Faculty-Led Programs: 2018-2019 Academic Year
- Ghana: Innovation and Social Change in Emerging Economies (pdf)
- Costa Rica & Belize: Tropical Field Biology (deadline passed)
- Tanzania: Education and Development (pdf)
- Ecuador (BIOL, HISP, SOC)
- Puerto Rico (ANTH)
Faculty-Led Programs: 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Ghana (January)
- Iceland (Summer)
- Ireland (Summer)
- New York City (Summer)
- South Africa (January)
- Tanzania (Summer)
- Trinidad (January)