Welcome to Career Services
We are currently offering both in person and virtual appointments for the fall semester. The Filene Center is currently being renovated. We are looking forward to moving into our new home this winter (2022)! Until then, here’s where you can find our staff on campus:
- Lisa Gavigan, Director Career Services – Mary Lyon 100A
- Matt Wheeler, Assistant Director Career Services – Knapton 007B
- Audrey Spina, Career Advisor – Mary Lyon 113
As a reminder, here are some of our offerings:
- Career advising appointments in person and via phone or video calls (Schedule an appointment on Handshake.)
- Workshops and programs (Find upcoming events on Handshake.)
- Virtual resume, cover letter, or personal statement reviews
- Technology resources (Handshake, Career Shift, GoinGlobal, What Can I Do With This Major?)
- Engaging and educational content on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube
Getting Started with Career Services
Handshake is available 24/7 and offers personalized job/internship suggestions based on your major and career interests, online scheduling for career advising appointments, an opportunity to RSVP and get reminders about upcoming events and programs, plus a range of career exploration tools, peer and alumni messaging, employer insights, and more.
If you aren’t sure where to begin, you may find these tutorials from Handshake helpful. However, we are always happy to help if you have questions, so don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To inspire and empower students in identifying and developing career opportunities through the strategic exploration of their personal, academic and professional interests.
Career Services is committed to providing expert career guidance to students through a customized career development process. Our approach includes interactive and educational programming and resources that enable students to understand and articulate the real world application of intellectual and practical skills gained in and out of the classroom. We work to cultivate an expansive career community that engages students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and employers to support each student’s lifelong career journey.