Students traveling to conferences for the purposes of presenting a paper or poster may apply for a Provost Travel Grant at any time during the academic year.
All Wheaton students, regardless of class year, are eligible as long as they are in good academic standing.
- Funds must be used to cover expenses incurred in the semester of application.
- Receipts will be required to access the funds should you be awarded a grant.
- Expenses incurred during January/summer are not eligible for funding through the Provost Travel Grants.
- Applicants may apply during both the fall and spring semesters; however, priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- Grant requests are limited to a maximum of $300 per student, per year.
- The Committee on Academic Standing may limit the use of/deny funds for expenses judged inappropriate for this grant.
- Please note that you do not receive the funds, if granted, up front. You will need to front your own costs until you return to the college and submit your receipts.
Steps for submitting your proposal
- Prepare a word.doc proposal that includes the following sections: Goals (50 words or less), brief one page description of your proposal, and an itemized budget.
- Complete the required information on the automated document, uploading your word.doc proposal where indicated.
- Request a letter of support from a faculty member (send email to Academic Advising at email@example.com. It is most helpful if the letter addresses the value and relevance of your request to your academics at Wheaton.) This support letter must arrive by the deadline date as indicated, so please be considerate and give the faculty member the time to get it done. Do not wait until the last minute.
Questions? Want to be sure your application was submitted properly? Contact: Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wheaton Foundation Grant
* Must be signed into your Wheaton GMail account to access.