Students register for courses online using our web-based system known as WINDOW. Recognizing the importance of the faculty/staff advising relationship, every student must meet with their faculty advisor in each advising period preceding course selection week. Students away from the campus at these times will be contacted by the Office of the Registrar and may follow different procedures for course registration. Students not registered or improperly registered may not receive credit for their work.
Students may change course registrations without penalty or fee within the first seven days of instruction each semester. Students wishing to add a course after the seventh day of instruction may do so only with the written permission of the instructor and payment of a late fee. Students may drop courses without penalty or fee at any time before the published date, provided they maintain a normal course load (at least four credits) and have consulted a faculty advisor. No course may be dropped if it takes a student below a normal course load, or after the published deadline, without the approval of the Committee on Academic Standing.
Specific deadlines for adding courses, dropping courses, and choosing the grade/pass/fail grading option are published in the college academic calendar.
Steps for degree-seeking students to register via WINDOW through insideWheaton
- Prior to course selection week, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to plan your program of study.
- We suggest that you complete a Registration Worksheet, including CRN Numbers, and any pertinent advising notes as well as alternate course choices. Have this worksheet with you when you enter WINDOW.
- Always submit changes and print a copy of your schedule. Your printed schedule is verification that your registration was processed accurately.
- For exception processes such as: enrolling in a course on an audit basis, requesting an instructor override, selecting the Pass/Grade/Fail grading basis, registering for an Independent Study or Individual Research.
- Registration on WINDOW will only be available during the publicized time period. Please plan accordingly.
- Registrations submitted to the Office of the Registrar after the last day of registration will be subject to a $15.00 late fee. Registrations submitted later than one week after the conclusion of registration will be subject to a $45 late fee.
NOTE: Student forms are now available online at insideWheaton>WINDOW>Student & Financial Records>Online Forms for the Office of the Registrar.