Required Documents for DS-2019 Issuance
The following documents are required for Wheaton College to issue a DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status)
- Wheaton College Exchange Visitor application form – To be filled out online
- Housing Survey (students only; TAs will not be in residence halls)
- Copy of passport biometric page
- Bank statement or school letter:
A bank statement or school letter proving ability to fund the cost of room, board and miscellaneous fees like insurance and indirect costs for the academic year/semester. Tuition for exchange programs is waived but students are responsible for room and board, health insurance, fees (activity and resident) as well as miscellaneous costs like books and basic transportation.
These fees are subject to change:
|Type||1 semester||2 semesters|
|Insurance and Fees||$2,148||$3,696|
- CV (Resume)
- Personal statement (include academic goal and the reason for applying to the program)
- Two recommendation letters – Academic references preferred
- Copy of Official Transcript
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Skype Interview, etc.) as required by the U.S. Department of State:
Original TOEFL scores, English language certification or other English language test scores or documentation (letter on letterhead) from the home institution proving that the student has the required English language proficiency.
The following documents are not required for admission but must be sent to the college by June 30th
Please fill out all forms with the assistance of your medical professional and scan them back to email@example.com. You are required to have all of your immunization before you arrive but if you’re missing any, you will be able to get them at the medical center within the first week of your arrival.