Institutional Research and Assessment at Wheaton College aims to be a leader among liberal arts colleges in the use of institutional data to promote social justice across campus, to support decision-making, to aid in strategic planning, and to foster student success.
- Commitment to the use of institutional data to promote social justice across campus
- Integrity and transparency in research and statistical analysis
- Continual quality improvement through assessment activities
- Confidentiality for appropriate faculty, student and staff information
- Accountability to safeguard institutional data
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) supports the realization of Wheaton College’s strategic vision through the collection, analysis, and dissemination of information in support of social justice, assessment, planning and decision-making. In this capacity, IR assumes primary responsibility for analyzing and interpreting data about the quality, performance, and effectiveness of the college.
- Generating and disseminating data in a usable format while providing appropriate research and analytical support to assist college policymakers and planners in the college’s quest for continuous quality improvement.
- Creating linkages between strategic planning, college goals and institutional data.
- Providing internal consulting services to other departments of the college to elevate the standards and the utility of research initiatives undertaken elsewhere in the institution.
- Producing research reports, which support localized objectives in concert with college-wide initiatives.
- Reporting on the demographic and statistical profiles of the college, its faculty, students and staff.
- Supporting college departments and programs with research to meet their information needs.
- Responding to external requests from IPEDS, NCAA, and HEDS.
Office of Institutional Research & Assessment
26 E. Main St.
Norton, MA 02766-2322