All health forms for fall first-year and transfer students are due August 1, 2022.
Your physical exam must take place after August 1, 2020 (occurred within the last 2 years). If the required medical information is not received by the due date, your course registration may be at risk. Office copies of your physical exam results and immunization record are acceptable.
Student-athletes must submit additional health documentation via Magnus. If participating in Athletics, students will be prompted to submit these additional forms. Please contact Head Athletic Trainer Greg Steele at 508-286-3986 with any questions or concerns.
Log in to Magnus Health portal to submit New Student Health Forms, which include the following:
- Vital Health Record
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital Permission for Release of Disposition Information
- Physical Exam – this form must be completed & signed by a medical provider
- Immunization Record
- Covid-19 Proof of Vaccination – students must be “up-to-date” per CDC recommendations or provide documentation for an exemption
- Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire – this form is two pages and
may require healthcare provider’s signature based on answers provided
to screening questions
- Copy (front and back) of private health insurance card if not utilizing the Student Health Insurance Plan provided through Wheaton College
- If you are unable to schedule a physical exam before the deadline, please complete and submit the remaining forms accompanied by a note indicating the date of your scheduled physical. Forward the results of your physical exam as soon as possible.
- Your Immunization Record, Physical Exam, and TB Risk Assessment forms must be signed by your healthcare provider. Immunization requirements differ from state to state. Please check with your primary physician to ensure receipt of all required immunizations.
- Requests for medical or religious exemptions may be granted in accordance with Massachusetts state law governing immunizations. In the event that there is an outbreak of any of these vaccine-preventable diseases, students who have been granted exemptions will be required to leave campus and will be readmitted when the period of communicability has passed.
- If you have not completed a multi-dose series of a certain vaccine (ex. Hepatitis B), receive as many doses as medically advised before arriving in August. Any outstanding doses may be administered during the academic year at Norton Medical Center, the student health center. Deductibles and copays apply and all charges will be billed to your insurance.
- If you have not received the Meningitis vaccine (MEN ACWY), you must sign the waiver form included in the New Student Health Forms. This vaccine is strongly recommended. If you would like to receive the vaccine at any time during the academic year, the vaccine is available at the health center on campus. Deductibles and copays apply and all charges will be billed to your insurance.
Other important information
Housing Accommodation Information and Meal Plan Exemption Policy
Requesting Health Records
Wheaton College maintains copies of students’ immunization records for ten years from the date of graduation after which they are shredded. Copies of immunization records may be obtained without cost by contacting the Associate Director of College Health Administration at email@example.com.
Moving forward, student health records will be archived in Magnus Health & can be accessed by students via their Magnus account.
Requests for copies of all other medical records may be requested by contacting Norton Medical Center’s medical records department at 508-285-9500.
Wheaton’s Counseling Center
For concerns regarding accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act due to a medical, psychological, or learning disability, please contact Jerimiah Bergstrom, Director, Accessibility Services at 508-286-8215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Norton Medical Center
For questions regarding Norton Medical Center, Wheaton’s designated student health center, immunizations, health insurance, or other health-related issues or if you would like to make an appointment to discuss a chronic health condition or serious illness, please contact Sarah Coakley, RN, Associate Director of College Health Administration, at email@example.com.
Please visit gallagherstudent.com for information regarding the student health insurance plan offered by the college (Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA, Student Blue, Blue Care Elect PPO), the online waiver form (to opt out of enrollment), plan brochure, FAQs and other important information.