Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act passed into law in October, 1998, Wheaton College has designated an agent to receive notifications about the unauthorized online use of copyrighted materials. Electronic notifications should be sent to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To file the notification, you must be either the copyright owner of the work or an individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
According to the law notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you do not include an electronic signature with your claim, you may be asked to send or fax a follow-up copy with a signature.