Become an RA
Contact Brendon Soltis (email@example.com) with any questions.
Expectations and Requirements
- Educate residents about Wheaton College policies and procedures
- Abide by and uphold college and hall policies and procedures
- Promote a sense of community through individual relationships and floor/hall programming
- Plan and implement educational and social programming
- Assist Area Coordinator with the administration of the halls including room inspections, key distribution, service requests, and other duties as necessary
- Participate in rotating on-call duty schedule
- Attend training sessions, monthly in-services, and regularly scheduled one on ones and staff meetings
- Complete required Leadership 020 course within one year of hiring
- 8 week, half-credit course, Mondays, 6:00-7:50 PM
- All Resident Advisors must possess a 2.5 Grade Point Average maintained during employment
- Head staff are preferred to have one semester of RA experience
- Head staff must have completed the Leadership 020 course
Head Staff members are required to return to campus by Wednesday, August 19, 2015 by 5pm.
All RAs are required to return to campus by Friday, August 21, 2015 by 5pm.
- RAs are placed in a single room which they pay for through student accounts.
- Resident Advisor: A single room and $3,500 annual salary that is paid in biweekly installments.
- Head Resident: A single room and $4,250 annual salary that is paid in biweekly installments.
- Senior Resident: A single room and $5,000 annual salary that is paid in biweekly installments.