We are aware of the OpenSSL Heartbleed security hole and we are taking measures to make sure our servers are protected. If you would like to know more about this issue please visit this site for more information.
Every employee and student is assigned an email address to which all official communication is sent. Our supported email management program is Thunderbird, and you can also access your email through your web browser
File Services on NetSpace
It's called File Services on NetSpace and you can use it to store and transfer large files and distribute them to a large number of people without resorting to email attachments ... More
Printing to Public Printers
You have 3 options for public printing on campus... more
Information regarding the College's Multifunction Printer Project can be found here.
Buying and Maintaining a Computer
Check out our preferred vendors and sales information. You can also find information about our minimum requirements for the computer you should bring to campus. Visit this site for Do It Yourself assistance for maintaining your computer and other helpful information.
Under the college's current Microsoft Agreement, up for renewal in June of 2014, the standard office productivity suite is available to everybody on campus through a site license for on-campus use only. Other software is also available for free download ... more
Connecting to the Network
- Connecting Your Computer and other devices to the Network For both wired and wireless connections
- Connecting mobile and other devices to the Network Provides you information on connecting mobile and other devices to the network.
- Off-Campus Network Access Instructions for accessing restricted services (e.g. library databases) from off-campus.
- Network Usage Diagram Diagram of current Wheaton College Network and Internet usage.
- Wheaton College and Illegal File Sharing Learn more about Wheaton's policies and procedures about illegal file sharing.We also provide instructions on how to remove filesharing programs from your computer
- Acceptable Use Network Policy What you can and cannot do with the campus network
- Mobile Apps Policy
- Using Wheaton Voicemail (PDF)
- Long Distance Phone CallsTo make long distance calls, faculty and staff need an access code. If you do not currently have an access code dial x4444 from a campus phone.
Other Web and Mobile Services
- Our portal: insideWheaton Read the latest news and announcements, register for classes, and find human resources services all via a single login.
- Online courses: Wheaton onCourse The central system for online aspects of courses taught at Wheaton -- for everything from posted syllabi to collaborative databases. You can also learn more about onCourse here.
- LIS iPad Loan Pool: iPads for faculty course instruction and teaching initiatives (here)...
- Campus Scheduling System: Google Calendar,Book meetings through the web from your computer.
- Our administrative system: Banner and WebFocus