Pratt's Store and Marty's Coffee House
Pratt's Store (originally Rogerson's Store) stood just east of the Wheaton Inn. Although it was only steps away, students had to ask permission to leave the Seminary campus to visit the store. Since the 19th Century, Pratt's Store was the store in Norton Center, and it housed the U.S. Post Office until 1957.
Marty's Coffee House was a small, but very popular, shop next door to Pratt's Store. The College acquired both properties in 1961. In an agreement with the College, "Marty" (Mrs. Ernest White) became the manager of the college snack bar in the Cage. Pratt's Store and Marty's were demolished in 1963.