Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
College History

Academics

1965- 

Clark Recreation Center

Clark Recreation Center was built in 1965 to replace the 1903 Gymnasium. The Haas Athletic Center replaced it as the college's main athletic facility in 1991.

Clark Recreation Center included offices, dressing rooms, storage space and a gymnasium. The teakwood-vaulted ceiling enclosed two basketball, six badminton, two volleyball and two tennis courts. The floor could be divided in two by a large net that dropped between the basketball and volleyball courts. Clark Center is still used for team sports using fields on the north side of East Main Street.

The recreation center was named for Mr. and Mrs. Brackett H. Clark.

Comments are closed.