Public Safety/ Infirmary
This building, at the southeast corner of Howard Street and Fillmore Drive, replaced King Cottage as college infirmary and health center. The infirmary was built in 1954 with the facilities to treat 4,000 patients annually. The building contained a waiting room, nurses' offices, an examination room, an x-ray room, 4 double rooms, an isolation ward, a kitchen and 2 nurses suites.
Security/Public Safety Offices were installed in 1981. During the summer of 1996, Sturdy Hospital established a medical center at 14 Taunton Ave., incorporating the services of the Wheaton Health Center, and the health center section of the building was used for student housing.
The building was demolished in 2001 in preparation for the construction of Beard Hall.