Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
College History

Academics

1959- 

Meneely Hall

Meneely Hall, the humanities classroom and office building built in 1959, was the first classroom building to be built at Wheaton since 1911. Its construction was in response to the Trustees' decision to enlarge Wheaton's enrollment.

It is ironic that this modern structure was named for the president who, soon after his arrival in 1944, had announced the Trustees' decision that all future construction at Wheaton should be in the Georgian style.

Dr. Meneely, for whom it was named, was a President from 1944 to 1961.

 

Comments are closed.