Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
College History

Academics

1959- 

McIntire Hall

This residence hall, built on Lower Campus in response to the Trustees' decision to expand enrollment, was designed by Howard L. Rich, of Rich & Tucker, Assoc., the campus architects. This was the second dormitory to be built east of Peacock Pond. McIntire Hall was dedicated in 1959.

McIntire Hall was named for "Dr. Mac," Walter Oscar McIntire, Professor of Philosophy and Education from 1914 to 1941, Professor Emeritus from 1941 to 1956.

Comments are closed.