Metcalf Hall, New
Metcalf and Hebe opened in Febrary 1933, despite the deepening Great Depression. The continuing construction at Wheaton was possible because of Mrs. Wheaton's bequest to the College. Part of Metcalf's basement was used for a smoking room, and the dormitory also had a guest room. This residence hall replaced Old Metcalf Hall. It was connected to Kilham via Hebe Parlors.
The New Metcalf Hall was named in honor of Mrs. Caroline Cutler Metcalf, Principal of the Seminary from 1850 to 1876.