This lower level addition to the Doll's House was originally built in 1935 as a small gym, and was called "The Cage." The outer stairs were removed, a deck placed over the roof and in interior entrance developed in 1986 when the Student Alumnae Building was remodeled into the Balfour-Hood Center.
The Cage was renovated into a snack bar in 1963. When it was again remodeled in the summer of 1980, it was renamed "The Loft." Another renovation was undertaken during the summer of 1991. Students painted a mural on the long wall of The Loft.