Hebe Parlors/ Hebe Court
Containing a series of parlors, Hebe Parlors connected through arched doorways with Metcalf and Kilham Halls. The thirteen parlors, in which students could entertain their guests (especially men!), were named to commemorate dates and people important to Wheaton Seminary and the halls of Old Metcalf: Laban, 1835, Seventh Heaven, Tragedy, Comedy, Seminary, Eliza, 1933, Purgatory, Paradise, Broadway, and Boarding House. In 1947, Hebe was remodeled into three small faculty apartments, and during the 1980s into offices. In 1989/90, a small apartment was created for an Area Coordinator, but was converted back to an office in the 1990s and back into an apartment after 2000.
Built in 1933, Hebe Parlors and Hebe Court were named for the fountain donated to Wheaton Female Seminary in 1884 by Eliza Baylies Wheaton. The statue originally stood between Mary Lyon Hall and Old Metcalf, but when Kilham and new Metcalf Hall were built, the statue was placed between them and the area became known as Hebe Court.