College Green houses
During the mid-1930s, seeking to improve accommodations for its women faculty, the College planned a small housing development in back of Barrows House. Two houses were built on College Green entirely by college workmen, using lumber milled from Wheaton trees downed in the 1938 hurricane. But their construction was deemed too expensive. Ultimately, World War II interrupted building, which was not resumed at this location after the war.
Plans for the houses were devised by Eunice Work, Classics Professor from 1925 to 1955, and included a living room and kitchenette on the first floor, and a bedroom and bath on the second floor. The College Green houses are used for faculty and staff housing.