This residence hall was built in 1921, facing the site of the new library. The current basement was originally a 75 person capacity dining room and a kitchenette, and was used as such until 1926 when Everett Dining Hall opened. For some time in the 1940's, the basement held three classrooms.
Stanton Hall was named in honor of A. Ellen Stanton. Teacher of French from 1871 to 1880, Miss Stanton was personally recommended by Mrs. Wheaton to become Principal of the Seminary in 1880. She continued to teach Mental and Moral Science and Butler's Analogy from this date until her retirement as principal in 1897.