Edith M. White
Edith M. White was a Professor of Economics from 1926 to 1930 and Dean of Freshman from 1929 to 1935. Before coming to Wheaton, Miss White had performed club and guidance work with women industrial workers, and taught sociology and economics at Acadia University, N.S., and at Bryn Mawr.
In 1926, she changed the admissions policy to make the inclusion of a photograph with the application optional, not mandatory.
Miss White bequeathed "Hollyhock House" to the College in 1935.