Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
College History

Academics

1926-1940

Art Studio

The small wood-frame, barn-like structure was built by college carpenters in 1926 between the Doll’s House and Gymnasium.  This fire hazard of a building had no heat or running water, making it inconvenient and unusable for several months of the year. The 1936 swimming pool addition to Gymnasium reflected red light into the Studio, requiring the installation of shades on the skylights and windows.  The Studio was demolished in 1940 to make room for the Student Alumnae Building.

Comments are closed.