Wheaton Seminary rules
Student, Amelia Pond compiles a list of "Rules and Regulations of Wheaton Seminary," which can be considered typical of seminary life.
- Pupils must not go to the Post Office without permission.
- Promptness in everything is required of the pupils.
- Rooms are to be visited only in recreation hours.
- Teachers must not be interrupted in study hours except in case of necessity.
- Pupils under 18 years of age are not to go to the store without permission.
- All must keep Cash Accounts.
- Must not go riding without Mrs. M[etcalf]'s permission.
- Can't go to ride without permission from home.
- No gentlemen callers who do not bring letters of introduction are received.
- Must not answer the doorbell.
- No one to go out of their room to sleep without Mrs. M[etcalf]'s permission.
- Pupils do not receive their gentlemen friends in their bedrooms.
- Must not talk in the library.
- Not to talk from windows.
- Nothing to be thrown from windows.
- Must not borrow money or wearing apparel.