International Student Employment
International (non US citizens) students who qualify for college financial assistance may be eligible to receive Wheaton International Work Study (WIWS). If they do receive Wheaton International Work Study, students will receive the same priority for on-campus jobs as students who receive Federal Work Study (FWS)
International students who do not qualify for college financial assistance will be given a Wheaton Work (WW) award when they have obtained employment.
Eligibility to Work on Campus
All student employees must have a social security number in order to work on campus.
Procedure for Being Hired
- Student is offered a job.
- Supervisor completes International Work Verification Form.
- Student brings IVF to Student Financial Services.
- The Student Employment staff issues letter of authorization stating that the student has been employed on campus.
- Student brings letter to Social Security Office and applies for social security card. Social security card usually received within 10 days.
- Student brings social security card, with ID documents (listed in "Required Forms") and RWAF to Student Financial Services.
- Student completes I9 and W4 forms in SFS.
- Student sets up Direct Deposit account in Payroll Office.
- SFS processes RWAF and enters student on the payroll system within the current pay period. Student and supervisor receive processed copies of RWAF.
- Student may begin to work.