International Student Employment
International (non US citizens) students who qualify for college financial assistance will be offered Wheaton International Work Study (WIWS). They will receive the same priority for on-campus jobs as students who receive Federal Work Study (FWS)
International students who do not qualify for college financial assistance will be given a Wheaton Work (WW) award when they have obtained employment.
Eligibility to Work on Campus
All student employees must have a social security number in order to work on campus.
Procedure for Being Hired
- Student is offered a job.
- Supervisor completes International Work Verification Form.
- Student brings IVF to Student Employment Office.
- SEO issues letter of authorization stating that the student has been employed on campus.
- Student brings letter to Social Security Office and applies for social security card. Social security card usually received within 10 days.
- Student brings social security card, with ID documents (listed in "Required Forms") and RWAF to Student Financial Services.
- Student completes I9 and W4 forms in SFS.
- Student sets up Direct Deposit account in Payroll Office.
- SFS processes RWAF and enters student on the payroll system within the current pay period. Student and supervisor receive processed copies of RWAF.
- Student may begin to work.