Returning students choose their rooms for the upcoming coming academic year through Room Selection. This process takes place in the Spring semester.Wheaton offers an array of housing options that have specific social and academic focuses.
Depending on what you are looking for, rooms are selected through either application (Theme Houses and Beard) or lottery (Special Interest Housing, Suites, etc.).
- Theme Houses: Groups of students connected by a common passion apply to live in select on-campus houses.
- Gebbie, Keefe, and Apartments: Groups must register for a special lottery to obtain a suite or apartment.
- Beard Hall: Is designed for students looking to integrate their social and intellectual pursuits. It will also house the May Fellows Residential Program.
- Special Interest Housing: Wellness, Single Sex, and Quiet Study housing requires you to pre-register to ensure placement into one of these buildings.
- General Room Selection: The remaining buildings on upper and lower campus, including single rooms are available through lottery. No registration necessary. All eligible students are automatically included in the General Room Selection lottery.