Help prepare the future.

Roberta “Bobbi” Lane Benson ’76  

Spanish teacher, General John Nixon Elementary School, Sudbury, Mass.

Recipient of the 2012 Harriet Goldin Foundation Award for Excellence in Education

Wheaton Fund supporter

Knows the power of inspiration:

“As a child, playing school with neighbor friends, I was always the teacher. I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I feel that it was my calling. My Wheaton professors were exemplary role models. Their commitment to the teaching profession, as well as their support and encouragement, inspired me to continue my path toward a career in education. I have been a teacher for more than 30 years, and I enjoy the challenges and high expectations.”

Makes important connections:

“I landed my first teaching job, in large part, because I was a Wheaton graduate. The woman who hired me had a niece who was a freshman at Wheaton, and she was very impressed with the college’s reputation for high educational standards. It is because of connections like this and all the opportunities I have had that I support the Wheaton Fund. To give back to one’s community and college is a distinguished honor. To help provide other students similar life experiences is essential.”